The Washington State Office of Equity and Washington State Broadband Office have announced the formation of a Digital Equity Forum to help develop recommendations for the Legislature toadvance statewide digital equity and connectivity. As part of their effort to close the gap that exists between many communities in quality broadband service, the forum witll be holding community listening sessions to ensure that community stories and voices are heard.
The sessions will seek different community perspectives and interests for broadband access, affordability, and digital literacy. These community listening sessions will be open to all who are interested.
The Forum asks participants to consider the following questions:
- Have you experienced anything that kept you from feeling connected to the internet? If yes, what are the challenges?
- What do you need to be able to use the internet for your personal life?
- What do you need to be able to use the internet for your job?
- What would help you feel more supported in your needs for using the internet?
Those who would like to participate may register in advance for one of the following sessions by emailing email@example.com or by calling (360) 688-3472.
- Tuesday, March 29, 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 30, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 10, 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 11, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
Registrants will receive the Zoom login information by email prior to the listening session. More information is available on the Digital Equity Forum website .